Archive for the ‘Back to School’ Category
Monday, August 1, 2016 @ 08:08 AM
Today being August 1st…Back to School is just around the proverbial corner. I thought it would be the perfect time to share some tips that might make this transition easier on all of us.
- Set your kids’ sleep schedules back to “School Time” two weeks before the first day.
- Reacquaint your kids with the calendar schedule they’ll use to manage their activities.
- Try apps like iHomework or MyHomeWork to help your kids organize assignments.
- Refresh your rules about screen time for the school year. What’s allowed and when?
- Establish a set “Family Time,” whether it’s during dinner or before bed.
- Discuss what your kids can expect on the first day so they feel more prepared.
- Visit the school with your kids so they can get familiar with their new environments.
- Get the lists of school supplies, books and technology your kids will need.
- Include your kids in back-to-school shopping by letting them pick out their items.
- Use this printable checklist to establish a regular morning routine.
- If your kids bring their own lunch, pack their lunch boxes before going to bed.
- Create an inbox for kids to leave things that need your attention, like permission slips.
- Keep a small emergency allowance in your kids’ bags, just in case.
- Remove things like mobile devices from kids’ bedrooms to focus them on sleeping.
- Talk openly with your kids about their feelings about returning to school. Make sure to hit on these 5 Back-to-School Worries.
For more tips like these – click here!