Archive for the ‘Recipes’ Category
Have some leftover Easter eggs? I know you do!
Delicious Egg Salad
Prep - 10 m Cook - 15 m Ready In - 35 m
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Place egg in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- Place the chopped eggs in a bowl, and stir in the mayonnaise, mustard and green onion. Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Stir and serve on your favorite bread or crackers.
Here’s an easy and delicious Spring or Summer recipe!
Crustless Spinach Quiche
Prep - 20 m Cook - 30 m Ready In - 50 m
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups shredded Muenster cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft. Stir in spinach and continue cooking until excess moisture has evaporated.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, salt and pepper. Add spinach mixture and stir to blend. Scoop into prepared pie pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until eggs have set, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe By:ANY14TNS “I serve this in the summer for brunch with a side of sausage links and a fresh fruit bowl!”
Want to bring something different and delicious to playgroup? This is it!
Playgroup Granola Bars
Prep – 15 m Cook – 35 m Ready In - 50 m
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Generously grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, wheat germ, cinnamon, flour, raisins and salt. Make a well in the center, and pour in the honey, egg, oil and vanilla. Mix well using your hands. Pat the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until the bars begin to turn golden at the edges. Cool for 5 minutes, then cut into bars while still warm. Do not allow the bars to cool completely before cutting, or they will be too hard to cut.
Recipe by: PREGOCOOK “My girlfriend brought these granola bars over for a playgroup one morning and ever since they’ve been a staple! My son requests them almost daily so I usually triple the recipe and make 2 trays so we have plenty on hand.”
These Toddler muffins, I call them “Sneaky Muffins”, they’re Sneakily healthy…. and are filled with bananas, carrots, and oats. They are healthy but…your toddler will never know! Take a look…
Prep - 15 m Cook - 15 m Ready In – 30 m
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, or to taste
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1 (4.5 ounce) jar baby food squash
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 24 mini muffin cups or 12 standard muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Mix in the mashed bananas, squash, carrots, and eggs. Stir in the flour, oat bran, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt until just combined. Spoon the batter equally into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack. Store at room temperature for up to two days, or freeze.
Recipe by: Lori “Mini muffins for finicky toddlers with the addition of fruit and veggies. My son is 2 and has been eating these for a year. I always keep a supply in the freezer, he loves them frozen especially when new teeth are coming in! Adults love them too. Great for play groups! Recipe makes 24 mini muffins or 12 regular-size muffins.”
Easter is just around the corner, Sunday, April 16 to be exact. Here’s a fun and super easy recipe for everyone to enjoy!
- 1 pound white confectioners’ coating
- 1 pound jellybeans
- Line a jelly roll pan with waxed paper and set aside.
- Melt the white confectioners’ coating in the top of a double boiler over just-barely simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching. Spread the melted white confectioners’ coating onto the prepared pan. Sprinkle the jellybeans over the top.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces to serve.
Recipe By: Christina
“This is a delicious recipe reminiscent of the peppermint bark made at Christmastime that uses a favorite Easter treat. Fun and easy to make too! Everyone really enjoys the combination of creamy white chocolate and fruity jellybeans. Use your favorite, but I always go for the small pectin variety. Hope you enjoy!”
This is a great breakfast drink or after school snack!
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- Combine banana, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract in a blender.
- blend until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses; garnish with cinnamon.
Recipe by: icookfor3 “Bananas and milk come together in a delicious and easy on-the-go breakfast. Also great for a healthy after-school snack! If you chill the banana ahead of time your drink will be cool and refreshing.”
This is one that the entire family should LOVE! Give it a try tonight!
Cheddar Baked Chicken
Prep - 10 m Cook - 40 m Ready In - 50 m
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut in half
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a medium baking dish with 1/4 cup melted butter.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. In a separate bowl, beat together the egg and milk. In a third bowl, mix the cheese, bread crumbs, cereal. Dredge chicken pieces in the flour mixture, dip in the egg mixture, then press in the breadcrumb mixture to coat. Arrange in the prepared baking dish. Drizzle 2 tablespoons butter evenly over chicken.
- Bake 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until coating is golden brown and chicken juices run clear.
Recipe By: Judy - “This recipe is very quick and easy to prepare. The flavors blend to make it rather tasty. It is great with plain white rice and your favorite vegetable. Why not give it a try?”
I know we share a variety of recipes on our blog, while this is healthy and lo-cal it’s also delicious. Try it and see for yourself… Zucchini Linguine Prep - 15 m Cook - 15 m Ready In - 30 m Ingredients:
- 1 (8 ounce) package linguine pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 zucchini, shredded
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic until it starts to brown. Stir in a handful of grated zucchini; cook for 1 minute and then add the rest of the zucchini. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Toss pasta with zucchini, cheese and yogurt. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and serve.
Need a new idea for a Spring or Easter treat? Here’s a perfect treat or dessert to add to your Easter dinner…
Ready In - 1 h 30 m
- 1 (16 ounce) package OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) packages BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted
- Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor; reserve for later use. (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.) Crush remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
- Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.) Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.
“These truffles are very easy and delicious. You can’t go wrong with OREO, cream cheese and chocolate!”
Okay, so you either love Peeps or hate them…but chocolate covered marshmallow bunnies are awesome! These are super easy and yummy!
- 10 wooden pop sticks
- 10 marshmallow Easter bunnies (such as Just Born(R) Peeps(R))
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon multicolored candy sprinkles
- Insert a wooden stick into the bottom of each bunny. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Place the chocolate chips into a glass bowl, and cook in the microwave until just melted, about 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate until smooth.
- Dip each bunny into the melted chocolate until coated on all sides, and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with candy sprinkles to decorate. Place into the freezer until the chocolate has set, about 5 minutes.
“Yummy after school/work snack for all chocolate lovers.”