Chicken Tenders with Honey Mustard Sauce (Kids Love This)
Monday, May 16, 2016 @ 09:05 AM
Chicken Tenders with Honey Mustard Sauce
Total Time: 30 min
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 15 min
Yield: 3 to 5 servings Level: Easy
- Peanut oil, for frying
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Honey Mustard, recipe follows…
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Watch how to make this recipe. (above)
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the chicken breasts into long strips and set aside.
- Beat the 3 eggs in a separate bowl and measure the flour into another separate dish.
- Measure the panko into a pie plate or shallow bowl and season with garlic powder, lemon-pepper, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken strips into the flour, the beaten egg and then dredge them into the seasoned panko.
- Fry in the hot peanut oil for 6 to 8 minutes, until golden brown, and remove to a paper towel lined sheet tray. Serve with honey mustard sauce.
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- The sauce can be held in the refrigerator for 1 week.
Recipe courtesy of The Neelys