Kid Friendly – Easy Crock Pot Recipe
Slow Cooker Bacon-Wrapped Apple Barbecue Chicken (YUM)
This recipe speaks to me on so many levels! It has your protein, your fruit and the ever important BACON! I know this will be devoured in my house. Okay, no more drooling back to the belt factory!
With only a few ingredients and even fewer steps, this just might be the easiest slow-cooker recipe ever!
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1-2 apples, peeled and grated
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 6-8 slices of bacon
1. In a small bowl, combine barbecue sauce, grated apple, and lemon juice.
2. Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Wrap 2 pieces of bacon around each chicken breast half.
3. Place wrapped chicken in a greased 4-5 quart slow cooker and top with BBQ sauce mixture.
4. Set to low and cook for 8 hours.
Recipe and photo courtesy of MomsWhoThink