This is one that the entire family should LOVE! Give it a try tonight!
Cheddar Baked Chicken
Prep - 10 m Cook - 40 m Ready In - 50 m
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut in half
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a medium baking dish with 1/4 cup melted butter.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. In a separate bowl, beat together the egg and milk. In a third bowl, mix the cheese, bread crumbs, cereal. Dredge chicken pieces in the flour mixture, dip in the egg mixture, then press in the breadcrumb mixture to coat. Arrange in the prepared baking dish. Drizzle 2 tablespoons butter evenly over chicken.
- Bake 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until coating is golden brown and chicken juices run clear.
Recipe By: Judy - “This recipe is very quick and easy to prepare. The flavors blend to make it rather tasty. It is great with plain white rice and your favorite vegetable. Why not give it a try?”
I know we share a variety of recipes on our blog, while this is healthy and lo-cal it’s also delicious. Try it and see for yourself… Zucchini Linguine Prep - 15 m Cook - 15 m Ready In - 30 m Ingredients:
- 1 (8 ounce) package linguine pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 zucchini, shredded
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic until it starts to brown. Stir in a handful of grated zucchini; cook for 1 minute and then add the rest of the zucchini. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Toss pasta with zucchini, cheese and yogurt. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and serve.
I know this is a concern with many parents of toddlers, so I’ve found some sites with helpful tips on how we can get our toddlers to pitch in and clean up after themselves. Here we go…
- Cleaning Up Toys: Tips for Teaching Toddlers | What to Expect – CLICK HERE!
- How to get your toddler to tidy up – Today’s Parent – CLICK HERE!
- How can I teach my toddler to clean up after herself? | Mom Answers – CLICK HERE!
- The Easiest Way to Teach Your Toddler to Pick Up Toys – CLICK HERE!
- 8 Ways To Get Your Kids To Start Cleaning Up After Themselves – CLICK HERE!
- How to get the Kids to Clean Up after Play – Powerful Mothering – CLICK HERE!
Need a new idea for a Spring or Easter treat? Here’s a perfect treat or dessert to add to your Easter dinner…
Ready In - 1 h 30 m
- 1 (16 ounce) package OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) packages BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted
- Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor; reserve for later use. (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.) Crush remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
- Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.) Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.
“These truffles are very easy and delicious. You can’t go wrong with OREO, cream cheese and chocolate!”
Okay, so you either love Peeps or hate them…but chocolate covered marshmallow bunnies are awesome! These are super easy and yummy!
- 10 wooden pop sticks
- 10 marshmallow Easter bunnies (such as Just Born(R) Peeps(R))
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon multicolored candy sprinkles
- Insert a wooden stick into the bottom of each bunny. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Place the chocolate chips into a glass bowl, and cook in the microwave until just melted, about 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate until smooth.
- Dip each bunny into the melted chocolate until coated on all sides, and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with candy sprinkles to decorate. Place into the freezer until the chocolate has set, about 5 minutes.
“Yummy after school/work snack for all chocolate lovers.”
Yes, unfortunately we ALL need this. Let’s just do this so we can sit back and enjoy our clean and organized home…here are some links for amazing tips to help us all:
- Spring Cleaning Tips – How to Deep Clean | House Beautiful… CLICK HERE!
- 8 Spring Cleaning Tips to Get It Done Faster | Reader’s Digest… CLICK HERE!
- Spring Cleaning Checklist | HGTV…. CLICK HERE!
- 7 Spring-Cleaning Tips | HGTV… CLICK HERE!
- Best House Cleaning Tips for 2017 | Good Housekeeping… CLICK HERE!
- Spring Cleaning Tips for Your Home | Cleaning Your House… CLICK HERE!
Start the tradition now! Yum…
Prep- 10 m Ready In - 10 m
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract, or more to taste
- 9 drops green food coloring
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup, or to taste (optional)
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream, or to taste (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon green decorator sugar, or to taste (optional)
- Blend ice cream, milk, mint extract, and food coloring together in a blender until smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup around inside walls of 2 tall glasses; pour shake into glass. Top with whipped cream and green decorator sugar.
Recipe by: Julie Kimball Fitzgerald “This has become a St. Patrick’s Day tradition in our house. The kids love it, and so do I.”
Popovers must be attempted at least once in life. And here we go…
Spring Herb Popovers
Prep- 10 m Ready In - 40 m
- 1/4 cup LAND O LAKES(R) Butter with Olive Oil and Sea Salt, melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk, at room temperature
- 4 LAND O LAKES(R) Eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- LAND O LAKES(R) Butter with Canola Oil (optional)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Brush 12 popover cups with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Place pan in oven 5 minutes.
- Combine remaining 3 tablespoons butter, flour, milk, eggs, chives, dill and salt in bowl; mix well. Pour batter into preheated popover cups, filling about half full. Bake 25 minutes. (Do not open oven door during baking.)
- Remove from oven; poke top of each popover with sharp knife to release steam. Serve warm with Butter with Canola Oil, if desired.
Recipe By:Land O’Lakes
“These crispy, warm popovers with fresh herbs will be a delicious addition to your next meal.”
We’re here to help you remember Spring Forward this weekend!
Mar 12, 2017 – Daylight Saving Time Starts
Sunday, March 12, 2017, 2:00:00 am clocks are turned forward 1 hour to
Sunday, March 12, 2017, 3:00:00 am local daylight time instead.
Sunrise and sunset will be about 1 hour later on Mar 12, 2017 than the day before. There will be more light in the evening.
These meatballs are guilt-free and delicious! Take a look…
Barbecue Turkey Meatballs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (5.3 ounce) container VOSKOS(R) Nonfat Honey Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- Pretzel sticks
- Marmalade Barbecue Sauce:
- 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade or apricot preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine egg, yogurt, bread crumbs, onion, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add ground turkey; mix well.
- Shape turkey mixture into 1-inch meatballs. Place meatballs in a foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Bake about 20 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Add meatballs to warm Marmalade Barbecue Sauce (see below) in a large saucepan. Serve with pretzel sticks as picks.
- Marmalade Barbecue Sauce: Combine barbecue sauce and marmalade in a large saucepan; bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Serve with meatballs.
Recipe by: Voskos “VOSKOS® Nonfat Honey Greek Yogurt adds a hint of sweet to these lean meatballs dressed up with marmalade barbecue sauce. For easy shaping, use a small scoop to form the meatballs, then bake them off in the oven. To party with ease, transfer meatballs and sauce to a slow cooker set on warm or low heat setting to serve. Serve with crunchy pretzel sticks as a fun substitute for wooden picks.”