PROMPTuesday: 5 Customer Service clues
Thanks to San Diego Momma, I am writing a post on PROMPTuesday: Make a list. And because I got miffed at a never-to-be-named manager of the-store-I-love-to-shop-but-will-remain-anonymous, I’m writing my list on customer service. If you need to know anything about me, I am BIG, I mean HUGE, on customer service. For me, it all boils down to the title of a book my husband once told me about that I never read but means everything to me; Customer Satisfaction is Worthless, Customer Loyalty is Priceless. I believe it 100%.
So, here are 5 Customer Service clues
1. It’s all about attitude. If you are not in the right frame of mind to deal with someone difficult, then step away and let someone else do it. A bad attitude will show itself not only in your body language when you are face to face, but in your voice when you are on the phone, and even in your not-so-well chosen words in an email. So watch yourself!
2. Give a little extra. You know how you are supposed to turn the other cheek? Give them the shirt off your back? Well, to the crankiest customers, you may have to do just that. But it will pay for itself in the loyalty you earn from that one customer.
3. When someone presents a problem, get creative. If you don’t have the answers, you can find them. And if you can’t find them, make them up. If it’s your business, then you make the rules anyway. If it’s not your business, then do your research.
4. Keep your customer happy by keeping in touch. Don’t leave them hanging, wondering if they are just being placated until they forget what it was they needed.
5. The Golden Rule, people… Treat others as you would want to be treated. It’s as simple as that…
So there you have it! Do you have anything to add? Post a comment!