Toddler Muffins (Sneaky Muffins)
These Toddler muffins, I call them “Sneaky Muffins”, they’re Sneakily healthy…. and are filled with bananas, carrots, and oats. They are healthy but…your toddler will never know! Take a look…
Prep - 15 m Cook - 15 m Ready In – 30 m
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, or to taste
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1 (4.5 ounce) jar baby food squash
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 24 mini muffin cups or 12 standard muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Mix in the mashed bananas, squash, carrots, and eggs. Stir in the flour, oat bran, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt until just combined. Spoon the batter equally into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack. Store at room temperature for up to two days, or freeze.
Recipe by: Lori “Mini muffins for finicky toddlers with the addition of fruit and veggies. My son is 2 and has been eating these for a year. I always keep a supply in the freezer, he loves them frozen especially when new teeth are coming in! Adults love them too. Great for play groups! Recipe makes 24 mini muffins or 12 regular-size muffins.”